Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Grunge vs Britpop

"That was a guy that had everything and was miserable. We had fuck all and I still thought getting up in the morning was the greatest fuckin' thing ever 'cause you didn't know where you'd end up at night." -Noel Gallagher on Kurt Cobain.

These words so beautifully differentiate the two musical movements of the 90s. And explain why I still enjoy Britpop.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger antickpix said...

lol. very true.

always thought the grunge lifestyle was a little too....pompous.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Britpop. It's so cheeky and fresh. BTW, Islands rocks. I downloaded Rough Gem first, just to be cautious because who knows? I may just have hated them, but I didn't I loved instead and am now in the process of downloading the entire album. Why do I have to type a random bunch of letters to post a comment? (I am not a bot, truly I am not)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

the guy is not that stupid after all. but he surely is funny.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

DV: i guess to chk spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home