Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Friday, November 24, 2006

Arcade Fire on the radio

Arcade Fire’s first album Funeral is probably one the most artful debuts I have come across in a long time. It has been more than a year since I first heard the album and it still sounds awesome. Absolutely awesome. Ironically this album did not leave a great impression when I first heard it. Never mind.

Although more than a year late, it was really nice to find Funeral being reviewed in Hindustan Times some months back.

I got hold of this nice little live show on a French radio station. It is called THE WHITE SESSIONS. The songs are heavily improvised here. Nonetheless they sound great.

13 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

thanks. am downloading. btw...phish?

also, details of the jazz utsav '06 in bombay and delhi at my blog. would have mailed you, but dont have your mail address.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know even half of what you do but your music is so awesome. I am enthused enough to rush out and buy balefuls of albums.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

TUC: Have not heard PHISH in a long time now. Been looking for some of their early albums.

Btw, this Arcade Fire show is awesome. Nice little set list this. chk out kettle, crown of love & tunnel

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

Devilled: Thanks.

You wont find this type of music in stores here. but who gives a shit about music stores when we have the World Wide Web.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

yeah...quite liked Arcade Fire, and then switched back to Phish. Am addicted.

I suggest you get the passes asap...for bombay people, it's free. finding it difficult to get 'em in delhi

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

will do that.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, can you do me a favour? Get this song version of The Animals, Memphis. Its done by Elvis to Berry to Hooker! Its a brilliant rock'n'roll number, or should I mail it to you?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Jerry: You can mail it.

You are into the blues, right? Then get hold of Lead belly. Awesome pre-war folk blues singer. You must have heard Cotton Fields, Gallows Pole, Midnight Special, etc. they are all his songs.

And fuck Nirvana's cover of "Where did you sleep last night". Listen to the man himself. .

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude of course man, Leadbelly spurts blood with lead, man, brilliant!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

"Spurts blood with lead". That was nice.

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, tell me if you liked the song?

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have very few unfortunately: VU and Nico's Andy Warhol, White Light White Heat and a couple of stray songs. Although I did see the former CD at Rhythm House (but I already had it). So tragic.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

Devilled: Man, VU & Nico is probably one of the greatest albums ever made. And do I need to say anything about WLWH.

I bought VU's "Peel Slowly and See" 5 Cd Box set from Rhythm House for 1400 rupees last year. (just one copy was on sale). Now it costs around 2500 rupees. Lucky me.

Rhythm House has some amazing box sets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home