Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Departed Sound track

"War, children, its just a shot away"

'Gimme Shelter' was always known for its dark, apocalyptic feel. I have been hearing that song for years, without getting even a wee bit bored. Nobody can doubt its genius.

After absorbing and dissecting every bit of the song, for years, there was nothing that could have elevated it a level higher than where I had placed it (it was just too perfect). But now after watching Martin Scorsese's The Departed, 'Gimme Shelter' needs a re-rating.

Today I can say, that that song never sounded like it did last night. Never felt so murky, so sinister, so fucked. Probably it was the smacking opening visuals of the film which did it. But for a moment it took my attention away from the film itself.

And it has not aged even a day.

Not to forget that equally kick-ass "Let it Loose".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home