Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Prince

It has been pouring again in Bombay. I have been confined to my apartment for the last four days now. All I have been doing is listening to music and watching TV. Four days of virtually non-stop music. I have gone back to albums I have not heard in months. And one man I have been listening to like crazy- Prince.

I had always loved Prince's music. His music along with few other bands' is what saves 1980s from musical oblivion. Albums like Purple Rain, Sign O The Times, 1999, LoveSexy can stand up to probably anything any other decade has to offer.

Yeah! And 'Computer Blue' probably fits the scene perfectly now.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Seven. Hmm...I had a couple of cassettes. Will have to check in the cassette sack. :D

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

His 80s output is simply mind blowing. A perfect example of what you call cool music. And the fact that the man plays more than ten (or more) musical instruments does not hurt either.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Jay said...

..and I read somewhere that his output (in 80s) was SO much that record company (Warner?) refused to produce and release all of his music, so that his fans wont get bored of him!:)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

sure he was prolific in the 80's. but wasn't boring. not at all. we could have had lot more of him. definitely.

he is one of the coolest music maker you could ever come across.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home