Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tagged

I have been tagged by Antickpix.

I have to- List seven songs I am into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs I am really enjoying now. Post these instructions in my blog along with my seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they are listening to.

So, the exercise. It would be hard to select songs, but I would list one standout track from some of the albums I have gone back to in the last seven days.

1. "Charlotte Sometimes"- The Cure (from Concert- The Cure Live)
2. "Mahgeetah"- My Morning Jacket (from It still moves)
3. "Michael"- Franz Ferdinand (from Franz Ferdinand)
4. "April Skies"- The Jesus and Mary Chain (from Darklands)
5. "Grey Lagoons"- Roxy Music (from For Your Pleasure)
6. "Sign 'O' the Times"- Prince (from Sign 'O' the Times)
7. "Paper Thin Walls"- Modest Mouse (from The Moon and Antarctica)

Do not know anyone in the Blogworld, so the latter part is totally ruled out.

PS: Since the list is restricted to only seven, I had to ignore a lot of other songs & albums. I do not want to edit the list, so I add here one more album which has been constantly under rotation for the last ten days. Arrested Development's absolutely classy "3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of...,". The standout track- Natural.

Last time I heard this album in full was probably in 1996!!! I only have the decade old worn out tape (HMV, Rs.50), but when you play an album like this after ten years, the sound quality is relegated to the background. Yes, this album too was officially issued in India in the early 90s on HMV. Ask any store for this album today, they won't even know if there ever was a band of this name.

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger antickpix said...

yeah, looking thro' tapes, depressing to see how prices have risen. 75 used to be costly..

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

tapes used to cost rs.40 when i started buying them. piles and piles of shoe boxes filled with tapes are stacked somewhere in my house. many out of print albums. i think i will burn them onto Cds.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Vijayeta said...

Hey! Interesting tag...and also a very interesting blog here. Glad i chanced upon it!
:)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Vijayeta- Hey thanks a lot. And you seem to like some bands which i like too. Thanks again.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Black Dog:true, tapes were fun. and it forced(to some extent) people to go thru the complete album, rather that listening to few singles put on the repeat mode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home