Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Friday, February 03, 2006

Beggars Banquet- The R.S.V.P cover


This is the artwork which was sanctioned at the time of original release. Absolutely insipid at the first look. But like me, people who own this album on vinyl would be aware that things are not as boring as it looks from the outside. Rather, it is pretty satanic inside.

The vinyl comes in a gatefold cover. As you unfold it, you will encounter a pretty sinister shot of the Stones (the b/w shot shows these guys wearing tattered clothes, inside a spooky dungeon sitting around a dining table with weird cats and crazy food items covered with dust and mud. looks like a true beggars banquet. but you need to see it to believe and truly enjoy it). Full 24 inches wide. It perfectly reflects the sound and feel of the album. Absolutely dark.

I just can't find that inner photo anywhere on the net. I would have loved to put it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home