Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bands Lester Bangs would have loved

Lot of people call him an overrated drunk. But then lot of people say lot of things (although I have not read his works but Jack Kerouac was slotted in the same category). The fact remains that whatever Bangs wrote, he wrote it very well and very passionately. And that is what matters. You don't have to agree with everything he said. I think instead of analyzing him and his work, let us speculate a bit about the bands he would have raved about, if he were still alive.

After reading him a bit and about his choice of music, I think he would have loved:
Sonic Youth (for sure)
Some grunge bands like Mudhoney and Soundgarden (not sure)
Radiohead (again for sure)

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger antickpix said...

Bangs would have probably liked those grunge bands too, if anything to be 'out there'.

It's a crime not to like Sonic Youth and Radiohead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home