Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Modest Mouse on the frrrreeekin radio


Modest Mouse simply rocks. Their 'Moon & Antarctica' is a great album (3rd Planet from the album is just too good). Probably my favorite MM album among the three I have heard-Good News, M&A and This Is a Long Drive. No, I think I am rushing towards a conclusion because I have not heard the other two with the required intensity(M&A has just not left my CD player).

Lets leave out the studio stuff for a while. Lets talk about live sets. Live performances on radio is something I prefer over regular arena or stadium shows(for the bootlegs). The quality is good and the performance has a bit of personal touch. Don't take my word for it. Just sample this Modest Mouse radio session on kvrx. The setlist is overloaded with songs from M&A(I don't mind). The site also has lots of small shows from nearly every indie band on the scene.

Special attention to Wild Pack of Family Dogs.

P.S: There is one more site which has a large number of Modest Mouse bootlegs(early MM). It will take few days to dig that out.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger antickpix said...

IMO, M&A is their best, closely followed by The Lonesome Crowded West

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

no problem. my email id is thecure@humlog.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home