Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Friday, November 04, 2005

Death Cab For Cutie

DCFC is another arty indie band. I just got hold of Transatlanticism. It is a pretty rocking album by these guys from Seattle. Very classy sound and style. I would not advise anyone to get into their live stuff as an introduction to the band. Listen to their albums ( bank on the net), know their songs and then get their live material. It would make you forget every other band for a while.

However, if you want to sample their live shows first, I would recommend archive.org. There are 19 shows available for download.

3 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Beans said...

Yes! Definitely check out The Shins, they are my newest fave.
I had no idea you were in India, thats so kickass! I missed that somewhere...
The Moon and Antartica is the most awesome Modest Mouse CD.
But then, ANY, Modest Mouse CD is effin awesome.
Its so great how you can connect over such great distances through a love of music...

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

The Breeze Shooter-hey, thanks for dropping by. yes, that whole shopping episode was an orgy. a musical one though.

Lou Reed, the man is a prodigy. Get The Velvet Underground albums, my friend (again, I got their Box-set having all their albums( only 4) from Rhythm House in Bombay, at a discount that is!). Must for lovers of good music. Satisfaction is Guaranteed.
This band has a history. The whole Czech revolution was named "Velvet Revolution" by Havel. That is what you call being influential.

Black Dog- Wow! you made my day. You are into indie rock too, i guess. Some people call MMJ, Amercia's answer to Radiohead. I have not heard Z, but I have few of their live shows with me. There is one live radio show where they played Mahgeetah from It Still Moves . Awesome.

(deletia)'s - Thanks. I need to get "Give Up". Heard few songs here and there and liked it very much. Yeah, The Shins. I just got Oh, Inverted World. Keep posting those links.

Beans- World has shrunk, my friend. It truly has. The Moon and Antartica. It has been inside my CD player for days. I just can't get enough of it. Truly unique sound. How is "Good News"? I would be getting that album next week, i guess.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

black dog- there are lots of MMJ shows on www.archive.org. check 'em out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home