Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Charlatans- Up At The Lake

Finally picked up an album by The Charlatans on sale(Rs.150 only) at Planet-M (the store throws at lot of surprises sometimes). Up At The Lake is my first encounter with these guys. I had heard a lot about these guys- how underrated these guys were.

Comparison is out of question as I have not heard any of their albums before. However, the album is pretty solid. Let's see I get a feeling it will get even better with time.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger antickpix said...

oh, they're a good band.

check out 'wonderland' and 'tellin' stories'.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

popwilleatitself-

Yeah, the one album (Up at the lake) that i have heard is really awesome. i suppose these guys have made even better music in the past, so more reasons to dig more of these guys.

By the way, any reasons why you were surprised by the Planet M statement?

When I was living in Delhi few years back, Planet M stocked the most generic music you could ever find. Here in Bombay, the store performs much much better (probably due to the market). But it really surprises me when suddenly you find couple of Jesus and Mary Chain albums or see a Charlatans album on sale. And recently had nearly 10 Sonic Youth albums on sale- Sister, Goo, Bad Moon Rising, Washing Machine, Dirty, Confusion is Sex, Sonic Youth, Murry Street to name a few.

For someone who has been checking that store out for years, it really is surprising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home