Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wilco-Ashes of American Flags

The cash machine is blue and green
For a bundle of twenties and a small service fee
I could spend three dollars and sixty-three cents
On Diet Coca-Cola and unlit cigarettes

I wonder why we listen to poets
When nobody gives a fuck
How hot and sorrowful
This machine begs for luck

All my lies are always wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I want a good life
With a nose for things
A fresh wind and bright sky
To enjoy my suffering

A hole without a key
If I break my tongue
Speaking of tomorrow
How will it ever come?

All my lies are always wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I'm down on my hands and knees
Every time the doorbell rings
I shake like a toothache
When I hear myself sing

All my lies are only wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I would like to salute The ashes of American flags
And all the fallen leaves Filling up shopping bags

It is a tragedy that music this artful needs to struggle to find its way to the world.

I have nothing against big music labels but a fuck up like this make me wonder about the people who run these companies (or people who select the music). Time Warner’s management need to answer their shareholders-

Why the fuck did they hire (and pay) the same band twice?

5 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here i am. just been incredibly lazy about blogging. never heard any wilco actually.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Get hold of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot right now. It is a screaming buy.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Funeral is a class album. It would grow on you. Demands patience.

London is a good place to buy independent music.

A friend just returned from London said Bloc Party was playing all over the place. They are pretty big UK these days.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger antickpix said...

that is a brilliant album. all's well that ends well perhaps?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

yeah.

so ironical that the album TW rejected on commercial grounds turned out to be Wilco's best selling.

whatever the chart toppers but i believe the American music market is still the most mature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home