Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A thoroughly self-indulgent post

My favourite albums list is always in a state of flux. But for the moment these are my 15 favourite albums from 1965-1985

1. The Rolling Stones-Sticky Fingers
2. Bob Dylan-Blood on the Tracks
3. The Who-Who’s Next
4. Prince-Purple Rain
5. The Velvet Underground- VU & Nico
6. The Stooges-Funhouse
7. The Beatles-Abbey Road
8. The Clash- London Calling
9. Bruce Springsteen- Darkness on the edge of Town
10. Roxy Music- For your pleasure
11. David Bowie-Diamond Dogs
12. Ac/Dc-Back in Black
13. Miles Davis-Bitches Brew
14. Television-Marquee Moon
15. The Cure- Seventeen Seconds

10 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger LostLittleGirl said...

Why no Coltrane, no Jefferson, no Astral Weeks, no Ramones. Why oh why.
Hehehe.. list eeez pretty good but:)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Hehe. Why no Neil Young, no Sly Stone, no Talking Heads, no Floyd, no Zep, no T-Rex, no Funkadelic, no Wire, no Joy Division, no Costello, no James Brown, no REM........!!!!?????

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Because I can make 5 more lists like this one.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Just killing time.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger LostLittleGirl said...

Eggjactly my point. You should be happy I stopped after 5-6 :)

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger InExile said...

self indulgent ind-eed !
no heavy metal ? no prog ? no pop ?
no acid jazz ? no acid jazz post coltrane pre stanley
or post stanley but pre wooten but emerging whatshisname ! or how about post bjork beck sorrounded by the members of winger on heroin !
see i browse your blog and what happens to me :P

woot woot for VU/nico !

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

Exile: Awesome. Good on you man.

No heavy metal & prog because I don’t like that kind of music. Pop? What do you think Prince, Beatles, Stones, Roxy Music fall under?! In fact, I'll rename it as my 15 favourite pop albums.

Stanley who? Pre & post what? You must have noticed. I'm not much into Jazz too.

I guess Bjork and Beck started out much after 1985.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

Exile: I am going to include at least one Maroon 5 (the most innovative/risk taking band to come out post-2000) album in my favourite albums of 1985-2005 list. Just to make you happy. (No I think they deserve it).

self-indulgence has made you a little unhappy it seems.

*wink wink*

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home