Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Haunted School

Jerry, in his latest post, writes that he used to see ghosts in school. The thing that surprised me was not the presence of ghosts in his school, but Jerry’s ability to spot them. And the reason why I was not surprised by the fact that his school is infested with spirits- I know that school way too well. I went to the same “old fashioned/heritage” school.


The building in the picture is the ‘house’ where I lived for three years. Imagine this building after nightfall. The corridor on the first floor had just two night bulbs. Even they used to struggle to stay lit whole night. The toilets were at the very end of the corridor. I generally don’t get spooked so easily. But for the first few months, crossing this corridor in the middle of night, to get to the loo used to scare me absolutely shitless. It felt just like the Overlook Hotel during off-season.

With more than a dozen buildings this huge and ancient, little wonder the school is a favourite resting place for the spirits of Rajasthan.

5 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger LostLittleGirl said...

Et tu Mayo? Interesting.
And yes, Rajasthan is one of those places that have ghost stories coming out from every corner.. the history,bloodshed or over-active imagination..My grandfather would be happy that I'm atleast considering the possibility of the paranormal..hehe

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

It’s probably the history of bloodshed.

One hell of a spooky place.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger jairaj said...

:) it sure is man.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger woenvu said...

was wondering a while back..isn't it just a construct that the ghosts are out only at night?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

antick: Absolutely. Ghosts come out only at night thing. That's what we have been fed over the years. Books, movies (if you count the Japs out), etc. And we can’t help it even if we try. Now it’s all psychological.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home