Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rain Dogs


"Rain dogs" are dogs which become lost because the rain has washed away their scent, which resembles many of the lost characters in the songs.
I have got a thing for singer/songwriters. If I try and make a list of my 10 favourite musicians right now, at least five would be singer/songwriters. Yes, Tom Waits would surely be one. It is pretty hard to pick the best Tom Waits album. But I can easily pick MY favourite- Rain Dogs (Alice would come very close). It is glorious.
--------------------------------------------
P.S: Keef plays guitar on two outstanding tracks: Big Black Mariah and Blind Love
Here Waits lists his 20 fav albums


5 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger jairaj said...

Heading to the stores today, will see if I can get my hands on him. Cheers man!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger woenvu said...

this is the only tom waits i've heard. but yeah, 'tis brilliant.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jerry: give it a shot

antick: you should chk out 'bone machine'. great shit.

whitelight

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger hedonistic hobo said...

my fave tom waits song is 'heart attack and vine'. actually i love that album. ohhh the voice!!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

hobo: agree. what a voice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home