Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Diamond Dogs- Sweet thing, sweet thing

1.Folded - measures 12"
2. Unfolded - measures 24"

Another Tony Visconti gem (Electric Warrior being another). Another classic cover. And it is my favourite Bowie album.

One more album from my LP collection which has a gatefold sleeve. The vinyl is pretty heavy so the sound quality is superb ( better than CD if you ask me). The only fuck up is that it has been pressed in India and the cover feels like it's made of cheap cardboard. I so desperately need a British pressing of this album (and I will find it someday here in Bombay itself, because this city has never let me down when it comes to finding LPs).

Nevertheless, it is a pure visual delight when you unfold the cover and the doggy part of Bowie emerges.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff that :) Wow, I got that album not 2 weeks ago. Talk about similar tastes hehe.

Happy New Year!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Great album this, man. Yeah, played that album couple of days back after a long time.

Happy new year to you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home