Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Monday, June 18, 2007

Where You Been

Band like this should never slip through the cracks. Sadly it did. You're Living All Over Me and Bug are familiar albums, but I did not spend much time with them the first time around. I really don’t know why I got Where You Been recently. Maybe because I read somewhere that the album was greatly influenced by the Crazy Horse sound; those huge guitar solos.

Although You're Living All Over Me and Bug are considered to be their two best albums (now they sound good too), Where You Been is the album for me. But now I think I’ll spend some more time with their first three albums too.

Download Dinosaur Jr Peel Sessions

3 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger woenvu said...

thing with Dino Jr. is that their albums are neatly divided in terms of whether bassist Lou Barlow played on them or not, with most considering the Barlow years as 'true' Dino, and everything after Bug substandard.

i haven't heard most of the post Barlow Dino actually, so i should get this one, but of the 4 (Dinosaur, You're Living, Bug, Green Mind) i've heard (discounting Beyond..needs further listens), my favourite album is probably their first, Dinosaur, though also the rawest..that opinion helped loads by that performance of Mountain Man at the Download festival..

oh, and the site www.freesofree.net has loads of Dino live shows and videos.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

thanks man, will chk the site out.
i think you should definitely try Where you been. It is a great record. Loved it. J Mascis' love for Neil Young and Crazy Horse is clearly visible here.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

And I have to get Beyond now. All Music Guide has a great review.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home