Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hostel


Few months back I saw the making of Hostel on Zee Studio. Someone on the show said he saw people puking in the cinema hall. It was so fucking gory.
I wanted to see this (I used to binge on Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham and John Carpenter during the VHS days). So after many attempts I managed to pick up (It kept selling out. Hostel has been a bestseller along with- the seven DVD set- first season of Prison Break at these stalls) the DVD from one of the stalls outside Andheri station (BTW, these pirates have a fantastic collection and they know their shit).

Hostel is a pretty decent movie. Slashing and chopping feels tremendously real. The story is pretty ok too. I have to admit, I’m waiting for Hostel 2 and Grindhouse.


P.S: The DVD chap has told me he’s got a lot of those 70’s and 80’s slasher/exploitation movies, Japaneses horror flicks and The Criterion Collection DVD's. Time to binge.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jewel Rays said...

I saw the movie men. It sure left me wanting to puke as well. Even thinking abt it now bring parts of it back to my mind.

Surprise that u are looking forward to this kinda thing..

:)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

probably its my twisted side.

thanks for dropping by

 

Post a Comment

<< Home