Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New York once again

I did a post on New York’s music. Time Out New York’s latest issue (March 1-7) too has a cover story on NY’s 50 greatest musicians. Believe me, I never stole the idea. Because I would never have left out the coolest musician ever- Miles Davis.

Charlie Parker does not make the final cut! According to TONY, he's isn't a New Yorker.
The list made me realise that New York is as important as New Orleans when it comes to jazz.
And the feedback section is not to be missed. It's awesome.

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger jairaj said...

awesome!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger hedonistic hobo said...

in your hip hop cool list you forgot NWA. NWA were a force to be reckoned with in late 80s and 90s hip hop. They were the voice of a disenchanted and disgruntled youth mass movement. And they're still cool.

By the by, I shall be here till the 18th. When are you coming to town?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger whitelight said...

Totally agree. I missed The Roots too. Straight Outta Compton and Things Fall Apart are two insanely cool albums. Must have. Even for people who are not into hip-hop.

My trip still not confirmed. There is too much competition.

What about your trip to Bombay?

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Devilled said...

Why the glut of NY music posts? :)

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's just an extension. there is nothing new in the current post. it's just that the timing was exactly the same. march 1.

whitelight

 

Post a Comment

<< Home