Dead Flowers

Well when you're sittin back, in your rose pink Cadillac Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day, I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon. And another girl to take my pain away -Jagger/Richards

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Wire Season 4



I wrote about the Wire some months back. I write about it again. The show is a fucking masterpiece. This shit elevates TV to a different level altogether. it is a freaking novel. I watched the complete season 4 today. I have seen few seasons of the Sopranos. That shit is pretty neat too. But this damn thing is something special.

IMDB:9.7
Metacritic:98

And a lot of people call it the best television series ever created (better that the Sopranos). I do not disagree.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger That Armchair Philosopher said...

Dude. I sort of fell off the face of the earth, but I'm back. to stay :)

I'll take this recommendation though - is this on TV right now?

As for music - I discovered this awesome group of turkish buskers just yesterday through a friend, called SiyaSiyaBend.

http://siyasiyabend.com/dinle-18.html

You HAVE to listen to that song. Have you heard hooty and the blowfish? Combine their sound with the piano medley which Axl rose uses in GNR's "14 years" - brilliant stuff!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

no man. The Wire is way too real. and therefore has too much profanity (gives pulp fiction a good competition), some nudity and violence (it deals with Baltimore drug scene, yeah that shitty town called Baltimore). can never make it to India without heavy cuts. and that would fuck up the whole thing.

will check that thing out man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home